Three nominations! Three nominations that I have for the Liebster award! Amazing! (Eventually I’m going to get around to writing about Berlin. Right. After. This.) Some of my new favourite bloggers; The Metamorphosis of A Wallflower, Still Life With Grad Student and The Pink Panther Snipes Again think I deserve this award! So thanks guys, seriously. Much appreciated.
I’m in awe of the fact that people are enjoying reading my posts and even more that they think I deserve recognising for them. The three lovely individuals that have nominated me write some of my most favourite blogs to read in case anyone that follows me or reads this hasn’t discovered them yet!
So for the rules:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
This post is going to be long enough as it is (I have three sets of questions to answer!) so I’m not going to do the 11-random-facts. If you want to hear random things about me there will be plenty in my answers and some here from accepting the Lovely Blog Award! I’m going to nominate less people too! I want to try and bring attention to people I haven’t before and also I don’t think I know that many blogs that have less than 200 followers! I need to get me a bigger community of new bloggers!
Here goes it with the questions!
- What is your favourite season, and why???
Winter! Because it has Christmas. ‘Nuff said. I love Christmas.
- How do you like your eggs done???
Boiled! When I was a kid I called them “dippy eggs.” I still love them best to this day!
- Any pets???
Not at the moment. The Boy and I have talked about how we would really love to have kittens. Unfortunately the rented apartment we live in wouldn’t allow them. Hopefully soon though!
- What are you good at???
Umm. I make good fajitas?
- Favourite Christmas special on TV???
My mum and I watch Miracle on 34th Street every year. It’s the epitome of Christmas to me.
- Name a random hobby.
Does Pokemon on my Nintendo DS count?
- Do you collect anything???
The Boy and I are trying to collect pins from every Hard Rock Cafe in a city we go to!
- Name one thing or type of thing that you always have to buy, but know you don’t need.
Nail varnish. I have too many! Still I buy more…
- Favourite scent???
Marc Jacob’s Daisy! (I always go for the cute bottle before I even see if it smells nice. If it’s ugly, I don’t even give it a sniff.)
- Pumpkin spice lattes: yay or nay???
I’ve actually never tried one, so…undecided!
- Mac or PC???
PC! I don’t think Mac would support some of my favourite games!
- Pea-green nail polish, edgy or icky? (Bonus points if you get the reference)
Edgy. I love all nail polish, Val!
- Tea or coffee?
Tea forever! But then…Starbucks iced vanilla latte…
- Favourite holiday?
Christmas! See above. I am all about the Christmas spirit.
- List three of your hobbies.
Reading, sewing and procrastinating!
- What’s your favourite genre of music?
Rock! Pop! Equally!
- What’s your favourite genre of film?
Good ones? Not sure, but I’m definitely going off romcoms lately!
- What was your favourite subject in school?
I can barely remember going to school! I feel so old! I liked maths though! (no idea why now…)
- Impulse purchasing: Fess up, do you do it?
Definitely, although I’ve calmed it somewhat since The Boy. I impulsively purchase without any research or consideration and he is very much the opposite to the point that he never ends up buying what he really wanted due to too much consideration. I like to think we’re evening each other out to a happy medium.
- What’s your favourite ice cream flavour?
Vanilla. Boring I know, but you can’t beat the classic!
- On a scale of 1 (not at all) to 10 (very, very much), how much of a procrastinator are you?
On a good day, a 6. On a typical day, 8.75? (I just didn’t want to admit to being a 9.)
And finally from The Pink Panther Snipes Again:
- What was the last thing you borrowed from a library (or from a friend)?
The last book I borrowed from a friend was Audrey Niffenegger’s Her Fearful Symmetry which I am ashamed to say I haven’t gotten around to reading it even though it’s been on my shelf nearly two years. I bet my friend doesn’t even remember I have it.
- Which ‘80s pop culture icon are you? http://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/which-80s-pop-culture-icon-are-you#1oezkbh Or, if you aren’t as addicted to online quizzes as I am, which ‘80s pop culture icon would you invite to a party?
Apparantly I am Pee-wee Herman? Is it terrible I don’t know who that is? I was a 90’s baby dammit!
- Favorite book? Or, if too difficult, favorite book you’ve read recently?
Favourite book is definitely too difficult, but favourite book I read recently is probably The Maze Runner. I wanted to read it before I saw the film version because I’m a big books-are-better believer. Also just because I love future dystopia. I wanted the chance to imagine it in my head before it got replaced with whatever they show me on the big screen. It was really good. Go read it.
- Cake or pie (and why)?
Cake. Because carrot cake. Also because I don’t recall ever having eaten pie.
- Favorite post you’ve written or are at least somewhat proud of?
All of them so far actually! I have these awesome ideas, like starting a blog, that often never come to fruition, so each post is one I am really proud of making it’s way from the recesses of my brain to actually becoming a reality.
- A Youtube video that always makes you laugh.
This video of Jared Padalecki at a Supernatural convention talking about an interesting train journey in Europe. Might just be me, but it always gets me. Every. Single. Time.
- One thing you love?
- One thing you hate?
Mayonnaise (both of these are food answers because I am hungry right now.)
- The best thing on tv (or Netflix, Hulu, etc.) right now is _____. If you don’t watch tv, favorite movie? If you don’t watch any of the above, how do you unwind after a long day? (I threw that last part in just for you, Far Out in Africa).
Supernatural. Pretty Little Liars. Modern Family. I could go on, but I won’t because we will be here all day!
- A song you always pump up when it plays on the radio (or on shuffle).
Taylor Swift’s Shake it Off! It’s awesome.
- This is really for my own purposes: any bad (or good) movie recommendations?
I don’t think I have anything on par with a killer tyre! Cherry Falls is pretty crappy though!
Now for my nominations!
- Loony’s Biz
- Not Really A Blogger
- The Making of Mediocre Meg
- Is That a Hair in my Biscuit
I’ve tried to nominate some different blogs than others I’ve previously mentioned to try and give more awesome blogs increased attention!
And here are my questions to answer! five questions for five nominees, sounds fair!
- What is your favourite thing to drink?
- If you could meet one celebrity or famous person, who would it be?
- Do you play any instruments?
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, where? and why?
- A pet peeve?
Okay! That’s a wrap on my longest ever post! Thank you for the nominations, they made me so happy (and gave me a reason to put off writing a post about my holiday. I’ll get on that now.)
Happy Hump Day!