It’s my birthday today!
Today I turn 25 years old, and to be honest I don’t feel like I’ve done much with my first quarter-of-a-century. So to prove to myself that I have, I’e decided to put together a list of things that I’ve done in the last 25 years that I think have particularly contributed to the person that I am today. A lot of them won’t be big things, but they’ll be – in my opinion – things that have made me, me.
This was partly inspired by Mani over at A New Life Wandering who wrote a post about 25 things she’d done before she was 25. While I have listed some small things make me, me, Mani has an amazing list of things she’s done, I urge you to go and check it out!
So in no particular order, in the past 25 years I have…
- Lost my eyesight enough to need glasses
- Seen Van Gogh’s greatest works in person
- Had dinner on top of Berlin
- Fallen in teenage love
- Had a four-year first boyfriend
- Gotten over a first love
- Found a hobby that I truly adore
- Gotten a Master’s degree
- Gotten a job in my field
- Discovered the (anti-student) wonderment of drinking things that I actually like, rather than what’s cheapest
- Become a godmother
- Moved out of my parents’ home
- Made my first Christmas dinner
- Only slept with two people
- Fallen in love with Hogwarts
- Found some of the best friends a girl could have
- Visited Amsterdam (and not taken any drugs)
- Started the 5:2 diet
- Spent four years single, becoming my own person
- Decorated my own Christmas tree
- Fallen in love, properly
- Started this blog
- Become an auntie
- Broken my leg in two places
- Found my own style and settled into my personality, and stopped being self-conscious of it
Those are just 25 things that have contributed to me being the 25-year old behind this keyboard. All-in-all I’m happy with who I am at the end of this quarter century! As I now have this blog, I feel I can set a few accountable goals to complete before the next birthday!
Before I turn 26 I will:
- Move out of this flat. I don’t like being dripped on in the night, and we’d really like to buy a house!
- Lose 1st in weight. Hopefully it will be more than this, but as I have real trouble with fluctuating weight I’d really like to be secured in at least this loss.
- Get a new job! (Hopefully…)
To round up this post, here’s a lovely (or not) picture of me blowing out the candles on the cake for my 18th birthday. Jeez, to think that this was seven years ago today!
Happy Birthday To Me!