Being nominated for a blog award is always a lovely feeling. I can understand why some bloggers don’t go in for them, but personally I feel glad to be thought of.
The amazing Christa of A Voluptuous Mind, half of my favourite film-reviewing duo, nominated me for a Sunshine Blogger award the other day! Thank you, C. If I’d known I’d find people as cool as you when I started blogging, I would have been doing it for years.
So how these things typically go is:
1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Answer the questions from your nominators.
3. Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions.
Christa’s questions: (and boy did I have to think about honest answers to some!)
- Who would play you in the made-for-tv movie of your life, and why? Rebel Wilson. Because I love her. Plus I think she’d capture my burgeoning lacksidasical-don’t-give-a-fuck attitude pretty well.
- If you had to be stuck in a lift with one person for 12 hours who would it be (it can be anybody, alive or dead)? There are so many people I could answer this with, but I’m going to go pathetically sappy and say the most probable is my Boy. because he’s likely the only one who won’t murder me when I inevitably get claustrophobic and annoying.
- If you could only have one album on your MP3 player for the rest of your life, what would it be? Meghan Trainor – Title. Although choosing between that and T-Swizzle was an intense mental debate.
- How do you deal with stress? (Asking for a friend) I’m really not quite sure. To be honest I’ve always been an endless optimist. I tend to target stress with a cup-half-full, bright-side-of-life thing and I’m not sure where it comes from, but I’m incredibly grateful for it come bad times.
- If you were releasing your own signature scent, what 3 ingredients would you insist on including? Do these things have to go together? My favourite three smells are vanilla, strawberry and apple (because I guess I can’t have a perfume that smells like freshly baked cake…) It’s my fragrance, who cares if it smells a mess eh?
- You find £50 on the street, no wallet, no witnesses – what do you do? This was tough. Not because I didn’t know the answer, but maybe because I didn’t want to admit the answer. Who am I kidding, no evidence to it’s owner? I’d keep it. Does that make me a terrible person?
- What’s your greatest quality? See above re: optimism. I automatically try to find the silver lining and it’s been a handy personality trait of late. It’s one thing I love about myself.
- And your worst? (In your eyes) God I hate this horrible habit I have of interrupting people. I don’t even realise I’ve done it until afterwards and then I feel like a terrible, self-involved little shit. It makes me so paranoid during conversations sometimes!
- Name 3 things you bloody love about your physical appearance – GO!
My nails, my boobs (yes I did go there) and my smile. (lovely question, why is it so difficult to answer?)
- If you had to sleep with one of the main characters in The Big Bang Theory, who would you pick? (Leonard, Sheldon, Raj or Howard/Penny, Amy or Bernadette? The little Comic Book Guy?)
Leonard. Because I’ve always had a little crush on Johnny Galecki
- Are you a Belieber? (Discuss) I am not. Rather because I’m not a big fan of his music, rather than much else. I do think the poor kid gets a bad rap for his past indiscretions. Who didn’t do stupid shit as a young person? I still do stupid shit, and that young excuse is fast expiring.
I would like to nominate, you reader, whoever you are, wherever you are. Feel free to take the following questions and answer them on your blog! Nominations to participate are open to all of you!
My 11 incredibly random questions for you.
- Which cancelled TV show would you resurrect if you could?
- What did you want to grow up to be when you were young?
- What’s your favourite curse word? (If you curse that is!)
- Text or call someone?
- To selfie or not to selfie?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What is your favourite meal?
- Which season is your favourite?
- What is your favourite thing to do in your spare time?
- What would you do with a lottery win?
- Sunrise or sunset?
Thanks so much Christa, I really enjoyed answering these! Hope you all liked hearing a couple random things about me! Rest assured I’ve been post-holidays relaxing and and am ready to resume normal Stitch to Scratch activity this week!