On the 12 days leading up to Christmas Eve I’ll be sharing with you some of my favourite Christmas-based crafty activities. (Most of them will be – or have been – tried by yours truly!)
A small but important topic today:
On The Fifth Craft of Christmas, I will share with you:
Creative Gift Wrapping!
Personally I hold my gift wrapping to a high standard. It’s the festive touch your recipient sees and gets to keep under their tree until the big day – so I try and make an effort to make it pretty!
Most years I just colour coordinate wrapping paper, tags and bows, making sure that they’re all in sync. This year, I thought I’d go that bit further and put my creativity to good use.
There are so many pins to inspire me on Pinterest and I will share some with you later in this post, but for now, here’s what I decided on.
I wanted to do a traditional brown-paper-and-string theme with a Christmas touch, and so ended up with this red and white stripy twine, red tags (that I neglected to include in this picture, apologies! – and cute little present toppers to add the small touch to each gift.
I also bought a couple sheets of East of India stickers from Amazon. These are so adorable but also affordable, so I wanted to use them on the gifts and labels!
This is how they turned out looking! I really love how they look. The bright colours really stand out against the brown paper. So simple and effective!
Tying the twine around the presents was the most difficult part of the process, but I found this really helpful YouTube guide which I’ll share with you here in case you’d like to tie your present up this year too.
This video by MADE Everyday helped me to tie a great bow around my presents. I slipped the tags and toppers onto the twine and jimmied them around until they were in the best place. Then it was just a case of applying a few stickers and done!
There are so many gift wrap ideas out there for Christmas presents, so I couldn’t just share the one that I chose. Here are some of my favourites that I’ve seen from around the internet – to inspire you to get creative with your gift-giving!
- My absolute favourite of these suggestions – wrapping that looks like Santa’s belt! This is definitely on my list to do next year!
- While I found these map-wrapped presents on a wedding gifts website, I think it would definitely still work for Christmas gifts – especially for those travel-lovers you know!
- Sticking photos to the tops of your packages is a lovely idea – a photo of you and the recipient to personalise the gift would be thoughtful.
- I love these reindeer faces on these brown paper parcels. They’re so cute and fun!
- Both the last two are the same design with different features. I like the idea of putting an initial on each of the presents to designate who it is intended for.
This was by far my favourite way of wrapping gifts so far – now I know it can be so much fun I will be trying even harder next year!
How are you wrapping your gifts this year?